How to Find a Reliable Architect
Architects In Singapore
If you are hiring an architect, it almost always entails a big expense. The architect is supposed to design your home or office and give it the shape that will become its eventual identity. This is, of course, a job that demands a lot of meticulous care and attention. Also, it becomes important for you to find a reliable architect because you don’t want to land up with something that was not in your mind.
So, when you are trying to find a reliable architect, this is how you should go about it:-
- First and foremost, you should ask your friends and relatives, people you know, about the architects they have used. Asking around helps because then you get firsthand accounts on their work. You can also check out their work closely and get to know about any discrepancies in their manner of working.
- Check out the constructions that have been carried out in your neighborhood. It is very difficult to assess an architect by the way they talk but if you see something that really appeals to you, then you could find out from the town building department who the architect of that particular building was and then get in touch with them.
- Plan on having an initial appointment with the architect. During this meeting, tell them what you envision about the task. See closely how much attention they are paying to your vision. If they are participative about it and if they are giving some of their own ideas that you like, these are the people you should shortlist.
- When you like a particular architect, it is a good idea to check the BBB to find out if they have had any complaints levied against them. Three things that you need to look at are (i) whether they stuck to their deadlines (ii) whether they completed their assignments within the specified cost estimates and (iii) whether they maintained safe practices while carrying out their tasks.
- Before chalking out any contract, it is important that the architect must visit the site. They should check out things for themselves and make suggestions because there could be things that you have missed out on. Only this will help them give you a more authentic estimate of the time and the cost that the job will require. At the same time, their dedication in checking out the site beforehand shows that they are really well-meaning about the job and aren’t trying to get just another client.
Most importantly, see what vibes you get from the architect you are planning on. The architect needs to work very closely with you in order to give you a great place to live in or work in, and hence the camaraderie between you and them becomes a vital component for the success of the job.